Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Notes from the Music Director 1-31-12

Howdy, all!

THANK YOU to everyone who has attended Spinitron training so far! This free online software is going to make my job so much easier, and I am grateful for all of you who are willing to make this change.  It is my hope that, as my time becomes freed up to do other things besides reporting, you DJs will be rewarded with a top-notch CD library that will, over time, become better organized and more DJ-friendly than it has ever been before, so thank you for your efforts toward this goal.

Just a really quick reminder for new Spinitron users: when you play a track off of a new CD, make sure to put the five-digit library number in the "Song Note" field.  This really speeds up the reporting process for me, and ensures that anyone who might need to sub for me knows which songs are from new release CDs.

Not sure what the heck I'm talking about?  Drop me a line any time: music@krza.org, 719-589-8844, or 1-800-290-0887.

For folks who haven't been able to attend a training yet, never fear.  There are more trainings being scheduled even as we speak, so "stay tuned"!

Okay, now on to the fun stuff:

It was kind of a disappointing crop of new releases this week, but I culled a couple of gems for you:

Singer-songwriter fans: Lovers of Norah Jones will really like Shira Gavrielov.  Yeah, I know, the picture on the back where she has her panties down and looks like she's taking a dump on a tiled floor is a bit off-putting, but she really knows how to sing.  Also, check out the Shook Twins: lush female vocals over bluegrass-flavored acoustic instrumentals.  Mmmmmm yummy!

Latin lovers: Fleur de Cana is a Colorado-born artist.  The vocals are a little weak, but she's local, and the band plays rock-solid salsa, so I feel good about adding "Azucar!" to our library.

Until next time...play well!

Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment