Monday, June 11, 2012

Music Director Notes 6-11-12: Playlists online!

Greetings, Earthlings!  (There, now your suspicions are confirmed...)

KRZA PLAYLISTS ARE NOW ONLINE!
Thanks to our wonderful Office Manager, Laura, your playlists are now live online!  There's a nice, prominent link right on the main page of our website, www.krza.org, and everybody--listeners, other DJs, Smurfs, and citizens of Parallax IV--one and all can now click on that link and see what you've been playing.  When you get a chance, check it out!

MISSING CD
Does anyone happen to know the whereabouts of the new Norah Jones CD?  It was in the "Rock" section.  (Please don't make us re-implement the "count the New Release CDs before and after your show" policy...*I* don't want to do that, and I'm SURE that you don't!)

DJ FEEDBACK NOTES
You are going to begin seeing larger pieces of paper taped on the fronts of New Release CDs.  These papers are for you to scribble notes about what you think of the album you are airing.  Good?  Meh?  Are certain tracks awesome while others stink?  This is your opportunity to provide your honest feedback.

NEW RELEASES

I'm still catching up, but oh my there are some good ones in this crop!

Jazz / Latin Jazz:  There are about two artists a year that make me say "Oh. My. God".  Melody Gardot is one of them. Melody Gartot. "The Absence".  Oh. My. God.  Also, check out Brian Bromberg for some good, tight large ensemble work.

World: Niyaz "Sumud".  Yummy Middle Eastern spice to add to your show.  Mmmmmmmm.
Also consider Melody Gardot, in the "Vocal Jazz" section.  (See above: Oh. My. God.)

Okay, that's all I've got for now.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment