Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Music Director Notes, 4-24-12: Playlist Sumbission

Howdy, all ~

YEAH!!
A Gold Star to the DJs on Wednesday April 18th for submitting ALL of their playlists, ON TIME, and IN SPINITRON!  Woo Hoo! 
A Silver Star to the DJs on Tuesday April 17th: only one paper playlist kept you from Gold Stardom!  
Way to go, folks! We're totally getting it!

LIBRARY NUMBERS:
There are two (2) or three (3) DJs who still don't quite get the library number thing.  I'll bet they don't read this blog.  BUT in case they do: 
My Dear DJs Who Are Using The Wrong Numbers On Your Playlists: Please see my last post on this blog.  There's a neato diagram and everything on where to find the library number and where to enter them in Spinitron.  Thanks.

EMPTY CD CASES:

We've had a little rash of empty CD cases of late, and I actually found a CD from the Alamosa Public Library in the preview station a few weeks ago.  Let me just remind you gently to be more mindful when putting away CDs after your show!

If anyone knows the whereabouts of the following disks, either put them on my desk upstairs or drop by the station during business hours and leave them on my desk with a note.  I'll reunite them with their cases and put them away:

  • "Klezmer!  Jewish Music from Old World to Our World"
  • Ruben Naranjo y los Gamblers: "El Mero, Si Senor"
  • Arvil Bird, "Live Arvil"

NEW RELEASES


Finally caught up on previewing from the backlog left from the Spring Fund Drive and Sound Exchange reporting!  Woo hoo!  Here's the pick of the litter:

World Music: Amadou & Mariam Folila are known as "The Blind Couple of Mali", and they do upbeat, even rocked-out version of traditional music from Mali in at least three different languages.  Very cool!

Jazz: Man, oh, man, Hailey Niswanger can blow a serious sax of many sizes!  Like her CD title, she's "The Keeper"!

Rhythm and Blues/Soul: Okay, I'll admit that I associate this kind of instrumental retro-funk with Sesame Street, but definitely check out The Sugarman Three for your next mix-up show.  Good booty-shakin' jive!

Bluegrass: I am pleased to announce that KRZA is now the proud owner the latest Carolina Chocolate Drops album!  Booyah!  And also, if you feel like updating your bluegrass show a little, check out The Punch Brothers.  Hot, hot, hot!

Right-o, I think that's it!  As always, if you have a question or need some help, feel free to give me a shout: 589-8844 or 1-800-290-0887.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment