Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Notes from the Music Director 9-7-11

Hi, all!

Many thanks to whoever found/returned the Big Sugar album.  I would have been seriously bummed if it had disappeared; that's a great CD!

Okay, I've been following my own direction and re-filing all of the little piles of CDs that I've been hoarding for the Swingtime show, and I hope you're doing the same.  I still see little random piles of CDs here and there--that I DIDN'T put there--and I would love to see those disappear into their proper places in the stacks over the next few weeks.  How about we say that by October 1st, every random pile of CDs be properly filed?  (Yeah, I know, my piles are the worst...)

From now until October 8th, I'm going to be up to my ears in preparing the SoundExchange report.  What this means for you is that music previewing is taking a back seat for now, and you won't see a whole lot of new releases getting added to the shelf.  Very soon, we're going to be using Spinitron to enter playlists, which should save everybody huge amounts of time--especially me!  In the meanime, thanks for your patience, and I'll be enthusing about new releases again before you know it.

Until next time...

Catie

No comments:

Post a Comment